Volunteers are a vital part of the success at Keren Or. The one-on-one activities and attention that volunteers provide bring our students an enhanced level of enrichment and enjoyment. Volunteers can create an ongoing connection, sometimes spanning many years, and become a stabilizing and confidence-promoting presence in the lives of Keren Or residents.
We’re calling on you to become a Keren Or volunteer and take part in this rewarding activity.
We welcome volunteers of all ages and backgrounds. There are a variety of volunteer opportunities available at Keren Or designed to fit a wide range of interests and schedules. All volunteers are trained and supervised by Keren Or staff in order to become familiar with the unique needs of our children.
Volunteering in New York
The New York office of Keren Or is always in need of volunteers to assist with our ongoing fundraising and advocacy efforts. Volunteers can assist with large-scale activities like planning fundraising events or conducting donor outreach, or they can assist with the day-to-day office needs of sending out mailings, performing data entry, or answering phones. Whatever your interest, the New York office welcomes your participation.
Israel’s Call For Committed Volunteers
Keren Or works with both individuals and groups who are either are visiting Israel for an extended period of time, or call it home and wish to volunteer at our campus. We have had visitors from all over the world, including the United States, Australia, Holland, France, Russia, and Uruguay. Our staff will coordinate with you or your group to ensure that you make the most of your volunteer time at Keren Or.
How can Volunteers help?
- Reading stories aloud
- Training how to ride a bike and pedal-jeep
- Take walks with students on the school grounds
- Play games in our activity rooms, such as the jamboree, Snoezelen (sensory room), and more
- Play with the children using devices such as computers, tablets, etc
- Sing and/or play music if you know how to play an instrument
- Accompany children to activities such as art, nature, petting corner, and more
- Accompany children who use motorized wheelchairs
- Help with feeding at meal and snack times
- Assist older students with personal grooming, such as brushing and arranging hair, nail polish, creams, and shaving
- There are so more activities where your help would be incredibly valuable
Here are other ways of helping without working directly with the students.
- Prepare illustrated stories
- Prepare suitably adapted games
- Organize storage for clothing, games, and toys
- Prepare communication symbols
- Decorate classrooms and corridors
- Build or fix various assistive accessories
- Depending on your skills and time there are many more ways to assist and we would be happy to help guide you
Keren Or also holds events and outings where your help would be truly appreciated.
All Keren Or volunteers receive mentoring from our professional staff.
Keren Or – contact us, come and visit, and join the team!
Yifat Bar-Yuda, Volunteers Coordinator I 054-3031643 I email@example.com